EarthSuds is a sustainable shower products company run by Laurier students. We’ve created the world’s first single-use dissolvable tablets of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash to replace the 5.7B cosmetic plastic bottles sent to North American landfills every year. The tablets turn to liquid form when you apply water and pressure, and lather just like traditional products. However, their initial solid form means they can be kept in reusable, plastic-free shower cases. EarthSuds products are sold to hotels, retailers, and direct-to consumers via our online store.
The VP Operations is responsible for overseeing all activities related to getting finished goods to the customer. The role involves leading a team that’s in charge of packing, labelling, and shipping orders. It also includes preparing and sending samples for the Marketing and Sales teams, tracking tablet inventory, and managing any order errors. In this role you will also manage raw material inventory and ordering of packaging and ingredients. The VP Operations is also responsible for working closely with the VP Production to plan supply and ensure that orders are fulfilled on time.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Extremely organized and driven
- Self-managed; ability to understand fulfillment and take the initiative to plan completion of orders
- Ability to communicate clearly and consistently with all other functions of the team
- Detail-oriented; ensures that no small mistake goes unnoticed
- Strong problem solving skill, ability to flexibility adapt operational plans to meet order deadlines
- 15-20 hours per week
- 1 team call and 1 VP call per week
Number of Positions Available
Application Due: September 23rd at 11:59:59pm