About Enactus Laurier
Enactus is a community of entrepreneurial leaders who see business as a way to address social issues. It is one of the largest student leadership organizations in the world and has chapters on university and college campuses across the globe. Each teaches works to address the world’s most challenging social, environmental and economic issues.
“Enactus is the world’s largest experiential learning platform dedicated to creating a better world while developing the next generation of entrepreneurial leaders and social innovators. The Enactus network of global business, academic and student leaders are unified by our vision—to create a better, more sustainable world.”
Responsible for overseeing and working with all research specialists on the enterprise teams. A key outcome is to ensure that thorough and sufficient needs assessments are completed by all enterprises and to guide the research process with them, as well as assisting in the R&D process to create appropriate and viable solutions to address these needs. Must maintain working knowledge of all enterprises, and the problems they seek to solve, as well as continually search out new information that can be applied to the development and presentation of the enterprises. Must also ensure that a research bank containing all the relevant research sources, and information and statistics on each enterprise, is coordinated, maintained and kept up-to-date. An incredibly bright and experienced individual that enjoys seeking new knowledge and is detailed oriented, is required to complete this job effectively. Willing to work with a team to collect this information in a way to make the process easier for Enactus as a whole.
Skills and Requirements:
- Comfortable with business ideas from BU121, BU111 and beyond; must be able to apply to real world businesses
- Excels at driving progress within large teams in a fast-paced environment
- Enjoys research and problem mapping
- Strong leadership background and ability to delegate tasks
- Passionate about making a large social impact
- Hours are between 15-20 hours per week.
- As with all roles on Enactus Laurier, time commitment is often dependent on events happening within the team at the time
Number of Positions Available: 1