Who We Are
EarthSuds is a sustainable shower products company run by Laurier students. We’ve created the world’s first single-use dissolvable tablets of shampoo, conditioner, and body wash to replace the 5.7B cosmetic plastic bottles sent to North American landfills every year. The tablets turn to liquid form when you apply water and pressure, and lather just like traditional products. However, their initial solid form means they can be kept in reusable, plastic-free shower cases. EarthSuds products are sold to hotels, retailers, and direct-to consumers via our online store.
What We’re Looking For
The primary responsibility of the Sales Representative will be to put EarthSuds in as many retailers, bed and breakfasts, campsites, and hotels as possible. This means prospecting, performing background research, cold-contacting, and pitching in person to various customers simultaneously. This role requires a high level of independence. The Sales Representative will also be expected to attend 2 team meetings weekly to report progress.
Who You Are
- Self-directed; you have a high level of initiative and ownership over tasks and responsibilities
- You have a go-getter attitude, are outgoing, and persistent
- Personable and inquisitive; genuinely curious about problems and eagerness to learn
- Highly reliable and organized
- Able to collaborate and ready to contribute in team environments
- Strong problem-solving skills; approaches problems with an innovative mindset to propose practical solutions
- Previous experience in sales is an asset but not a requirement
What We Offer
- Opportunity to work and grow with a fast-growing social enterprise startup
- Gain training and experience selling to established organizations that belong to the in-store and guest accommodations channels
- Practical experience doing research, cold-calling, sales presentations etc.
- Learn from a skilled, driven team and a company that was named a global finalist in their National Geographic Plastics Innovation Challenge
- Work with individuals passionate about using their unique skills to grow a business tackling one of the world’s most important issues: single-use plastics
- Hours: Typically 5-10 hours per week
Number of Positions Available
- 1 position
Due: Tuesday, October 18th at 11:59pm.